The 2018 Arctic Winter Games Host Society and the Arctic Winter Games International Committee (AWGIC) are seeking artists with an interest in promoting and supporting the Games and the South Slave Region of the Northwest Territories. This call is for artists working in two dimensional mediums. Artists must be a resident of the Northwest Territories.
One piece of original art designed to promote and support the Games and thank the major sponsors of the Games. The original work will be used to create approximately 100 canvas prints.
- The following conditions apply to this original piece of art:
- It must be no larger than 24 by 40,
- It must be suitable for long term display (framed or unframed),
- The 2018 Arctic Winter Games Host Society logo must be incorporated into the design,
- Designs cannot contain advertisement or promotion for any business or product,
- Designs may not include any breach of intellectual property, trademarks, brands or images of illegal activity,
- The design must be symbolic of the South Slave Region and the Vision of the Games: “The Arctic Winter Games promotes the exchange of cultural values and relationships through friendly competition, social interaction and volunteering in the circumpolar region.”
- Artists interested in submitting a proposal must do so by October 2, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. The proposal must include a coloured sketch or photograph of the proposed design.
- The selected artist will receive:
- $1,000 for the original piece of art,
- $1,000 for use of the image in the reproduction of the piece into canvas prints,
- The opportunity to participate in a public announcement announcing selection (travel not included).
- All fees will be paid after the final original piece of art has been delivered to the AWGIC in Yellowknife. The artist may use the image of the original piece of art for promotional purposes after the Games but may not use it for commercial purposes.
September 11, 2017 – Call for Proposals Open
October 2, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. – Calls for Proposals Close
October 15, 2017 – Successful Artist announced
December 1, 2017 – The final piece of original art must be delivered to the AWGIC office in Yellowknife.
For more information contact: Paula Gour, firstname.lastname@example.org, 867-874-2345